Health Not Handcuffs is a movement that is advocating a ‘Yes Vote’ on the Referendum on the proposed Cannabis Legalisation and Control Bill. Below is everything you need to know about the referendum, so you can have your say too.
What is a referendum?
A referendum is a vote put out to the public on a specific issue, the public will pick a simple Yes or No in response to a question and the outcome determined by the majority vote.
The question in the referendum will be:
Do you support the proposed Cannabis Legalisation and Control Bill?
- Yes, I support the proposed Cannabis Legalisation and Control Bill.
- No, I do not support the proposed Cannabis Legalisation and Control .
When is it being held?
The referendum is at the same time as the General Election: Saturday 19 September, 2020.
How will we win this?
Well we can’t do it without you. We need you to:
- Check you are enrolled to vote, which you can do here!
- Talk with your friends and whanau about why this is important. Read our tips here!
- Vote yes in the referendum, and make sure your family and friends vote too!
Where can I vote?
Locations will be published 3 weeks before election day, check out here
Cant get to a voting place on the day, check out here
Want to vote from overseas, check out here