Please read before sharing.
You can write your reason and upload a photo using the form on this page.
When composing your reason please consider the following points:
- A recommended length for your reason is between 50 – 150 words. It’s important that it’s at least a few sentences long and is in clear plain language.
- Personal reasons that talk about real life experiences are likely to be the most convincing, but be careful not to share too many personal details that put yourself or others at risk.
- If sharing a story may cause or trigger personal trauma or pain, please look after your health first and take note of the Alcohol/Drug Helpline – 0800 787 797.
- Not all reasons will be featured on the website, but those that are can be shared on social media, and will be handed over to MPs.
- Submitting a good quality photo (head shot) will strengthen the chances of your reason be featured on the website.
When submitting, let us know how you would like to be identified. Can we use your first name or should we use a pseudonym?
Reasons can be submitted in any language. If not submitted in English or te reo Māori, please provide a translation and the name of the language.
Thanks for sharing!
Note: We may slightly edit stories for clarity, in line with the above pointers. We’ll get in touch if we need to update anything, we’ll let you know if your reason goes public, and we will ask you if we want to use it in any other way.